Tuesday, February 05, 2008

WOODEN DEER HEAD







I ordered this a few months ago, and it finally arrived yesterday. It was well worth the wait. A company called ROOST manufactures these in the states. However, if you want to get your hands on one, you have to order them from a store. ROOST appears to only deal in wholesale to independent sellers. I tried a number of online stores and compared prices before I discovered that KOOLHAUS, right here in Vancouver deals with ROOST! Unfortunately they rarely keep any in stock, so I had to place an order. If you're thinking about getting one, I highly advise you to buy it through KOOLHAUS. If you buy online, the cost is a bit cheaper, but then you will have to deal with returning it yourself if it arrives damaged.

There is a wide variety of wooden mounted heads to choose from. There is a few different deer, a giant stag, a big horn sheep, a moose, a gazelle, and a few others. Each one varies in price depending on the size. This deer head appears to be life-size. They all come the raw colour of the wood. I'm not sure if I'm going to paint it or not. For now I am happy with it the way it is. It looks great across from our ROCKY MOUNTAIN WALL too ! The best part is that you don't have to feel bad about having a dead animal mounted on your wall. I do feel a little bad about the tree that died for this though... but I will keep it for a very long time !

1 comment:

Stoneridge said...

I am glad I came across your blog. I am planning to purchase two wood deer heads, one facing right and one facing left.
The cheapest I have seen them is $390.00 each, plus shipping. I'll see if I can locate Koolhaus or Roost and take it from there. any other information you can provide to me would appreciated. Thanks.
thomasasawyer@optonline.net. Or, stoneridge251@optonline.net.

I'm in NY.