
One of our favorite places to eat sushi is VILLAGE SUSHI BAR in Steveston. The couple that owns the place (Mari and Taka) are very friendly, and their sushi is always fresh and delicious.
We eat their pretty often, and we were starting to feel a little guilty... because of all the styrofoam take out trays we were throwing out. We order from them atleast twice a month, and that means we throw away a lot of styrofoam.
We talked to Mari and Taka about it, and asked if we could leave a tupperware container with them for our orders. They had no problem with that idea at all. So now we have one container at home and one at their restaurant. Every time we pick up dinner, we drop off a container so they have one the next time we call. Now we don't throw anything away (except for a bit of saran wrap that they put over the sushi). How awesome is that ? Pretty @#$%ing awesome I'd say !
your pal,
Beadle
2 comments:
It's not just cool that you guys are doing it, it's pretty damn cool that they're doing it for you.
I just hope you guys never break up, because that could get awkward... what with the Tupperware being caught in the middle of it all.
This is a great idea. I am proud to say that I have not used a paper coffee cup since Dec 20, 2008. Small things can make a difference. :-)
Post a Comment