


On Thursday I finally went in for a long overdue operation. For the past few years I've had three bumps on the back of my head that were becoming increasingly worrisome for me. At first they weren't painful at all, but I think they eventually became the source of a lot of the headaches I was having. I spoke to my family doctor about them and she recommended I go to see a local plastic surgeon to have them removed.
The Operation was less than two hours and I was awake for the entire thing. I was given a local anesthetic and a shot of adrenaline. If you've never had a shot of adrenaline, it feels like you just downed three espressos in a row.
The worst part of the procedure overall was the needles. Once the freezing took over though, there was very little pain. The Doctor's name is Lorne Brown. During the operation, He entertained me with stories of his adventures in 1969 backpacking all over Asia. He's such a great storyteller I almost completely forgot he was cutting my head open ! I highly recommend Dr. Brown.
So now I've got three lines of stitches (shown above) on my head which I'll be getting removed sometime later this week. Hopefully these photos don't gross anyone out too much. Believe it or not I've never had stitches before, so I had to show them off. I've been so worried about this operation, so I'm very happy it's all finally over.
your pal,
Beadle
3 comments:
Glad it went well. I can't believe you made it through childhood without stitches! Hope your hair grows back quickly. :-)
I was feeling so sory for myself for having to get a blood test this weekend...and then i saw your post. (I hate needles)
i am such a baby.
You my friend are very brave. needles in the head!! my god man.
Post a Comment