Sunday, September 26, 2010

GALAXY EXPRESS 999

This show was one of Natsuko's favorites when she was a child. A few years ago I got my hands on the entire series (Thanks to Peter DeTina). We watched them all in order ! It's been a long time since I've seen a show for kids that has as much heart and wisdom as Galaxy Express 999. It's got a great intro too. Check it out below !

And here's the live version !

your pal,
Beadle

1 comment:

Jennifer Mae Stewart said...

I love watching old cartoons like these just because you can see all the individual cells layered on one another. There's something beautiful in the simplicity of it. Just some transparent plastic with some ink and some paint splashed onto it and then hauled under a big camera to create the illusion of life. As efficient and empowering as the digital age is, I think we lost some of the magic of animation along the way.