Sunday, April 08, 2007

DRUG ADDICTS IN EAST RICHMOND !?!?!


















































It's the end of another exciting weekend cleaning up the QUEENS CANAL ! We got 3 bags worth of garbage this time ! Natusko and I decided to hit the source of the problem. The local Shell Gas Station. They border the ditch that connects to the Canal. All the candy wrappers, cans, and other gas station junk, ends up floating downstream right to the main part of the canal that we are trying to clean up. Don't float your junk into my backyard ! HAHAHA !
That's a little Canal Joke.

Moving on... the Gas station had an amazing amount of garbage. This was also where we picked up (with our grabber tool) our first drug needle ! Yikes ! I must admit that I was a bit surprised to find one where we live. We are in the middle of suburbia. Suburbia is where you grow and make drugs ! It's not where you use them ! It was a very rude awakening.

We got a good photo of the shopping cart that is buried in the canal, so we have sent it off to the city, and they should be able to help us get it out. That must have been an awesome moment when that special person pushed the shopping cart into the canal. Can you imagine watching a shopping cart go flying off the side of a ditch !?!?! Can you think of anything more awesome ? I bet whoever pushed it into the ditch is a real pro ! Can you tell I'm being sarcastic ? Did you know that as soon as you voluntarily decide to pick up garbage, you also inherit the right to be bitter and angry about the human race? It's true !

Last week it was cigarette butts, (and there is still endless amounts of them to clean up) this weekend it was City of Richmond Pylons. I guess they are thrown in there by people waiting at the nearby bus stops with nothing else to do. They're very difficult to fish out of the canal, because the bottoms of them get stuck in the muck. We were only able to pull 3 out this weekend, and there are probably 7 or 8 more of them. Luckily, Home Depot has a telescopic 16' pole you can buy. The canal is just over 20 feet wide, so it does not reach the other side, but it can get junk that is floating in the middle.

I want to thank my amazing wife for doing this with me. All I had to say was "We should clean up that ditch the Beavers are in...," and she charged right into the muck with me to do it. That is what true love is.

your pal,
Beadle

1 comment:

Johnny Darrell said...

hey any chance of having those tennis balls? I really need 4 tennis balls and I can't find any anywhere!?!!