Natsuko and I don't have an update on the Queens Canal this week, because over the weekend it was Earth Day ! All of the neighbourhood put on safety vests and picked up garbage. It was all organized by our local community center ! I wish every day was an earth day.
Last weekend the old Hamilton Fire Hall (beside the canal) was demolished. We decided to avoid the construction zone. There was boards with nails sticking out of them all over the area, so we wanted to wait until the demolition was cleaned up before walking through it. It looks done now, so we'll be back in action next weekend.
Other news... I went to the Dentist on Saturday. I haven't been to a dentist in over 9 years. It was a pretty big deal, and I was really scared. Turns out I don't have any cavities ! My teeth are healthy and clean ! I have no idea how that is possible.
Last week Natsuko and I put our townhouse up for sale, and it sold very quickly ! We also put an offer in on a place in Steveston (West Richmond), and it looks like it has been accepted ! So within the next 2 or 3 months we will be moving out of the neighbourhood.
Even though we will now be living in West Richmond, Natsuko and I decided to continue coming out here to keep the canal clean. We started something here, and I don't think it will ever really be finished.
your pal,
Beadle
4 comments:
WHOA!!!!
THAT'S CRAZY..... ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU SAID!!!!
NAILS!!!
EARTH DAY!!!
DENTEST!!!!
SELLING YOUR PLACE!!
WHOAAAAAAA!!!
Congrats man, that is great news. You're moving... I'm moving... Georgia & Tim are moving... Buckley & Brooke just moved... losts of moving.
Congrats with the Dentist as well. As you know, I have a long history with the Dental Industry and me no likey. You seem free and clear.
I also admire the fact that you are going to continue with the Canal clean-up, that's really cool.
Can't wait for Fish & Chips in Steveston, then you can come to East Van for Gelato.
Is West Richmond more earthquake friendly than East Richmond? 'Cause you know... The Big One.
Post a Comment