
We watched this amazing documentary on the weekend. We recorded it off KCTS9, so hopefully they'll replay it so you can see it too (if you haven't already). You can buy it off Amazon, but it's a little expensive.
This film starts out as a piece about an interesting homeless guy in New York who sells his artwork for money. But five minutes in, you discover there is a lot more to Jimmy Mirikitani than you could ever imagine.
Natsuko and I have been watching A LOT of documentaries. It's been a while since we've rented a movie. Our PVR records so much good stuff that we haven't had to. We've seen many excellent documentaries, and this is definitely one of them.
Here's a link to more info about this film THE CATS OF MIRIKITANI.
your pal,
Beadle
2 comments:
I'm from holland , and i saw the movie today 24-08-2008 from 23.30 till 00.43 , What can i say i was beautifull, whit a couple off tears.
Very nice , most regards to jimmy, and the woman (sorry i forgot the name) that helped him, from the streets to his new house, much respect to her , love to bouth off they.
Home is where you get love....
Thanks for posting on my blog ! I totally agree with you. The film was so good I ended up buying the dvd, so I could share it with my friends and family.
your pal,
Beadl
Post a Comment