We can now officially say we completed the Grouse Grind. It was horrible, and I'm pretty sure I died atleast once while I was doing it. Anyone that tells you "it's not that difficult" should not be trusted. The entire hike took us approximately 1 hour 45 minutes to complete. Local chocolate/dessert shop owner Thomas Haas completed the grind in 32 minutes on the same day.
Once you reach the top there is a surprising number of things to see and do. There's a Grizzly bear habitat that is home to two orphaned Grizzlies. A large fence separates you from the bears, but you can still get very close to them.

We wanted to stand next to the giant windmill that has recently become a Vancouver icon. But it turns out you can pay to take an elevator inside the windmill up to an observation deck. It was a clear day, and the view was spectacular. We even got lucky and saw a very tame deer at the bottom of the windmill. Apparently it hangs out there often.


We took a Gondola ride, saw a lumberjack show, and met up with some friends. We're already planning our next visit back to Grouse Mountain :)
Check out the rest of our photos HERE.
your pal,
Beadle
4 comments:
Jamieson and I will be heading up there on Aug 21st for the day. I am sorry to tell you that he did it in 55 minutes last year.
Want to join us?
He told me he did it that fast ! Well now I have something to aim for. I don't think we can make it on the 21st. We've got a run planned.
your,
Bro
You're awfully cogent for someone who claims to have died at least once on the hike ;-).
This post made me laugh, I also didn't know you could go up the windmill. I can see that from my desk at work!
We went up the Baden Powell trail from Deep Cove last weekend; there's an incredible 100m high viewpoint about 2km in.
Post a Comment