Monday, December 31, 2012

BIG YEAR


Well, you heard it here first.  In 2013 I will attempt a BIG YEAR !
I'm limiting myself to Marin County, which has a species list of roughly 485 birds.

Marin County is home to a wide range of birds, and my plan is to see as many of them as I possibly can.

Rich Stallcup is the current county record holder.
In 1998 he spotted a grand total of 362 birds in Marin.
Sadly, Rich passed away earlier this month.
He was a legend amongst local and international birders.
You can read all about his legacy here.


I'll be recording all my sightings on eBird.

There's so many birds in Northern California that I've never seen before.
Hopefully, before the year is over I'll have spotted a Burrowing Owl and a California Condor.
I'm planning to spend January 1st at the Pt. Reyes National Seashore.

Happy Birding !







1 comment:

Natsuko said...

Happy Birding!