
Two winter's ago my family took a trip to Maui. While we were on vacation, Natsuko and I decided to take a day trip up the side of a volcano. We knew the drive was going to be long, so we stopped at a Wal-mart store and picked up a few snacks. This was the first time we discovered HONEY MUSTARD PRINGLES.
Now believe me... they are hands down THE BEST pringles chip. The perfect mixture of tangy sweetness, and crisp chip. Natsuko and I ate the entire can over the period of one day.
My brother in law LOVES pringles chips. He talks about them all the time ! So we were really excited to tell him about these new HONEY MUSTARD PRINGLES. We raced back down the side of that volcano and told him all about them.
The next day my brother in law jumped in his rental car and headed for the Maui Wal-mart. But the chips were nowhere to be found...
GONE ! VANISHED ! Like they never existed ! We started to wonder if we ever really had some in the first place !?!?! Maybe that volcano had played a trick on us ?
FLASH FORWARD TWO WINTERS TO NOW...
I'm working on the final episode of Storm Hawks at Nerd Corps Entertainment Inc. and I need to talk to a certain designer about his assigned work. His name is Roland.

Roland and I start to run through the list of designs he's working on when I notice something on his desk. It was a can of pringles... but not just any pringles... It was the legendary HONEY MUSTARD'S ! EUREKA !
The side of the can read LIMITED EDITION. I'd done some research into the chips (via google) and discovered they were in fact a limited edition chip only ever released in Hawaii.... until now. Roland makes regular cross border trips to visit family in Washington, and he found the chips in Burlington.
Turned out Roland was on his way down south that weekend, and he promised to pick me up a few cans.
And guess what ?....
HE DID !!! Roland "BEAUTIFUL" Sanchez brought me four cans of them back to Canada ! I'm passing two off to my pringle loving brother in law and keeping two for myself.
Thanks again Roland !
your pal,
Beadle
5 comments:
When are you coming by to drop them off?
While touring through Italy we discovered FETA & AVOCADO PRINGLES. I wait with baited breath for them to make their North American debut because they were the bomb!!!
DAMN! I gotta try these! I recently had vodka flavoured Pringles and they weren't so good.
When I was in the Europe, back in '92, we discovered a brand of chip in the Netherlands called Croky. I would devour bags of these in flavours that I would normally avoid. (For example, I don't like dill pickle flavour, but they were so-o-o-o-o good.)
Doritos used to have a TACO BELL flavor. It was released around the same time as the PIZZA HUT flavor.
The TACO BELL flavor was amazing.
your pal,
Beadle
Post a Comment