Monday, December 29, 2008

MY @#$%ING XBOX DIED !



So considering the fact that everyone I know has already had to replace their xbox 360 atleast once... it didn't come as a surprise when mine died yesterday morning.

I was lucky enough to have mine last for 3 years. So at this point, I can either pay a lot of money to have it "fixed" or just go buy a new one. I chose to buy a new one, so I picked up the xbox arcade bundle which consists of a bare bones machine and a controller. I'm already back online and playing games ! I now own 3 xbox controllers as well.

Being a guy who's concerned about the environment, I decided to call the good people at xbox to find out how or where to recycle my dead 360. Here's how the conversation I had with xbox support went:

Me: Can I send my xbox back to have it recycled ?

Microsoft: Would you like to have the machine repaired ?

Me: No, I want to recycle it. I don't want to just throw it out.

Microsoft: It is your free will to do whatever you like with the machine sir.

Me: So I can send it back and you'll recycle it ?

Microsoft: If you'd like to resell the machine it is your free will to do whatever you like with it sir.

Me: I don't want to resell the machine, I just want to recycle it.

Microsoft: It is your free will to do whatever you like with it.

Me: So you'll recycle it then ?

Microsoft: I need to speak with my manager sir. Please hold.

Me: (holding for 2 minutes)

Microsoft: Hello sir. I've spoken with my manager and it is your free will to do whatever you like with the machine.

Me: So you will recycle it ?

Microsoft: Thank you so much for calling us today sir, was I able to answer all of your questions ?

Me: No you didn't. I'm still wondering if you'll recycle my old machine.

Microsoft: No sir we will not.

Me: Thanks, now you've answered my question.

Obviously it's pretty disappointing to find out that Microsoft won't recycle their broken merchandise. In the end I took my broken xbox over to the local play n trade store and donated it to them. They repair damaged 360's and were more than happy to use my old machine for spare parts.

your pal,
Beadle

2 comments:

CAMacKinnon said...

Apparently, you broke their script.

Sarah said...

Well, at least you tried. Good on you.