Thursday, December 11, 2008

PUNISHER: WARZONE



I somehow convinced my father to start reading comic books about a year ago, and since then he has read quite a few (Watchmen, Civil War, Batman: Year One, Ultimates, Walking Dead, and others). When the first movie trailer for PUNISHER: WARZONE came out we were very excited, and promised each other that we'd see it together. Last night we finally saw it. Here is my review:

This movie is bad....BUT it's a lot of fun.

The story and dialogue are of the Saturday afternoon tv action movie variety. I think everyone would agree that the first Dolph Lundgren Punisher film is still by far the worst, but the story in WARZONE isn't that much better. I could go on about this, but there is not much point... clearly the people that made this movie never intended PUNISHER: WARZONE to win awards for it's script.

Ok, so that's why this movie is bad... Here's why it's fun !

PUNISHER: WARZONE stars Ray Stevenson (He's the guy that played Titus in HBO's ROME), and he looks exactly like the comic book Punisher ! He did a great job of playing this character. Watching him blow the heads off of bad guys was #$@%ING AWESOME ! I hope they make another PUNISHER film with him again.

The gore in this movie was unbelievable. The camera rarely turned away during acts of extreme violence. If the Punisher walks into a room and finds a dead body with it's head blown off, you get to see that dead body ! If the Punisher kills somebody by punching them in the face, then you get to see his fist go right through their face ! I'm not kidding. The gore was so over the top I'm embarassed to say that it made me laugh. But I wasn't alone. My Father and I laughed a lot during PUNISHER: WARZONE. And once the movie was over we left the theatre talking about all the different ways people were obliterated in this movie. We had a great time !

There's no reason you need to see this movie in the theatre, it's the kind of film you rent and watch when your wife or girlfriend is out of town (unless of course they are big fans of gore and violence, and then they might want to see it too).

So YES this movie is bad, and YES this movie is a lot of fun.

your pal,
Beadle

1 comment:

nate said...

i want to see this movie so bad thanks for the review beadle!