Sunday, August 09, 2009
TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED
I've just finished watching all three seasons of Transformers Animated. I can honestly say that this is THE BEST Transformers series that has been created so far.
You're probably thinking that nothing could be better than the original 80's series. That's what I thought when I started watching the new Animated series, but I have since changed my opinion and believe Transformers Animated to be the superior show. Here's a few reasons why.
1 - TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED has a great story that makes sense !
The original series was full of inconsistent story lines and often put the wrong voice on the wrong character.
2 - TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED is a kids show, but it's full of jokes and history that is aimed directly at fans of the original series.
3 - TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED has a lot of great new voice actors as well as a few from the original series. Susan Blu once again does the voice of Arcee and John Moschitta Jr. does the voice of Blurr. Weird Al does the voice for a new version of Wreck-Gar and Fred Willard does a voice for Swindle, the decepticon weapons dealer.
4 - TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED tells a story with consequences. Gone are the days when Optimus Prime and the autobots would get stuck in terrible situations, but somehow miraculously all survive. The Prime in this new series is back on earth with a group of senior and junior autobots on his team. I don't want to spoil the story for you, so I'll try not to say too much. Quite a few of the autobots and decepticons don't make it to the end of the series though. And each episode is full of cameos from characters from the original show !
Check out the video above to get an idea of how awesome-sily-fun-cool this series is! Seeing Optimus Prime defeat Soundwave with an electric guitar might sound ridiculous (and it is), but somehow TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED made it work !
your pal,
Beadle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm still a bit skeptical, to be honest. OTOH, a recommendation from Beadle does go some way to dispelling my fears...
Post a Comment