
On Saturday, Natsuko and I pulled a broken COAST CAPITAL SAVINGS CREDIT UNION sign out of the field across the road. Somebody had broken it into a few pieces and it's been laying there since last summer. Now when we look out our window, we see an open field. Not a field with a broken piece of garbage sign in the middle. Thanks COAST CAPITAL (sarcasm). "HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?" (their slogan)... Well for starters, how about picking up your garbage ? Anyways...

We want to give a HUGE thanks to Deborah. We were just about to drop off our load of garbage at our usual spot, when Deborah drove by. Deborah (I hope I'm spelling her name right. It had an unusual speling) works for the city of Richmond. She took all the garbage we had collected and even gave us some new supplies. Unfortunately she had ended up with the Saturday Easter Weekend shift. We were lucky to meet her, and hopefully we will see her again in the future.
Here's some interesting things we found this week:
1 Coast Capital Savings Credit Union "How Can We Help You?" sign
1 pair of children's socks
1 garden variety lamp post with broken lamp
1 half bag of cement mix
Several small bags containing dog poo (If you go to the trouble of bagging it, please don't toss it into the bushes)
your pal,
Beadle
4 comments:
I hope you wear gloves when you are picking up the garbage and have all your shots!
When you find this stuff, do you ever think to yourself, "What could MacGyver do with this?"
I once saw a guy's dog poop a lot of poop on the sidewalk by a crosswalk (Maple and Broadway to be exact) and instead of picking it up, he kinda kicked it into the gutter with his foot. The walk signal then came on and he crossed the road awkwardly trying to scrape the poo off of his shoe. When he got to the other side of the road he spent more time trying to wipe the poo off his shoe by sliding his foot across a small patch of grass. I guess it wasn't working because then he started to use a parking curb. I concluded with the notion that this man was an idiot.
Post a Comment