
Last week the CBC ran a series on the national about "going green". They featured a company in Vancouver called SPUD.CA
Natsuko and I were so impressed by what we saw that we decided to sign up for their service. SPUD.CA delivers groceries to your door. They sell organic, locally grown produce.
Apparently one SPUD.CA delivery truck can take up to 100 deliveries. So that's 100 cars out of the Safeway parking lot ! That's a lot ! With our first order we were shown how many kms our food had to travel to get to us. The number was somewhere around 950kms. According to SPUD.CA if we were to buy our groceries at the store it would have travelled 2500kms !
The groceries we received were no more expensive than what we would have paid at our local Save-On-Foods. The brilliant thing is that we no longer have to spend half a day of our weekend grocery shopping. I hate grocery shopping by the way...I hate the lines, I hate the slow shoppers, and I hate trying to find parking. SPUD.CA so far seems like an awesome alternative to this.
Now I don't want to make it sound like it's a perfect service. We did have two problems with the order. We ordered 2 litres of Orange Juice, and only received 1 litre. We phoned SPUD.CA and they claim they will credit our account ! (Problem Solved).
The other issue is that they delivered our groceries very early in the day. We happened to be home yesterday because it was a stat holiday, but we usually aren't. We don't want to have our groceries sitting on our doorstep all day. So we left a message with SPUD.CA about this. If they can't deliver them later, we will have them delivered to our workplace. We should be able to solve this problem.
Overall we were very happy with what we got and will definitely make this part of our weekly routine.
your pal,
Beadle
4 comments:
We've been ordering from Spud for a number of years and are really happy with them. Kai loves when the bin comes and he opens it up and checks out the goods!
Oh and one other thing! The telephone representatives are super great and every once in a while someone from Spud calls us and ever so politely asks us if we're happy with their service.
Deb and I had the same problem with the delivery times. Getting it dropped off at work is a really great idea. hmmm...
Cool! Michelle always wanted to try it, now with a ringing endorsement from JOHNNY and BEADLE, it's a no brainer!
Post a Comment